Dealing with trauma, change, loss and grief can be very hard at times. You don't have to do it alone. Having someone working alongside you can make a difference.
We offer counselling for children, young people, family/whānau and individuals who are experiencing any kind of grief, loss and trauma.
When working with children we have a family-centered approach, which means we include parents or caregivers and family members in the counselling process when appropriate.
Our Counsellors also work with adults who are going through difficult times and challenging life situations, either individually or as a family.
- Grief and bereavement (including bereavement by suicide or homicide)
- Trauma (including witnessing a traumatic event)
- Family break up and adjusting to blended families
- Behavioural issues (anger in children, bullying, ASD)
- Illness and anticipated death
- Mild to moderate mental health issues
- Domestic Violence
- Broken relationships
- Injury or disability
- Disaster aftermath
- New Plymouth
- Lower Hutt
Read more about our Counsellors
The fee for a one hour counselling session is $120. Access to a reduced fee is available for low income families, please contact the Counselling Coordinator to explore the options. Please call 0800 299 100 or contact us using this form.
Online counselling support will be available soon.