Dealing with trauma, change, loss and grief can be very hard at times. You don't have to do it alone. Having someone working alongside you can make a difference.
We offer counselling for adults, children, young people, and family/whānau who are experiencing any kind of grief, loss and trauma.
When working with children we have a family-centered approach. This means we include parents or caregivers and family members in the counselling process when appropriate.The range of issues we could support you with include:
- Grief and bereavement (including bereavement by suicide or homicide)
- Trauma (including witnessing a traumatic event)
- Family break up and adjusting to blended families
- Behavioural issues (anger in children, bullying, ASD)
- Illness and anticipated death
- Mild to moderate mental health issues
- Domestic Violence
- Broken relationships
- Injury or disability
- Disaster aftermath
Skylight offers counselling services in:
- New Plymouth
- Lower Hutt
For more information and fees details
The fee for a one hour counselling session is $120. Access to a reduced fee is available for low income families, please contact the Counselling Coordinator to explore the options. Please call 0800 299 100 or contact us.