Dealing with trauma, change, loss and grief can be very hard at times. You don't have to do it alone. Having someone working alongside you can make a difference.
We offer counselling for adults, children, young people, and family/whānau who are experiencing any kind of grief, loss and trauma.
When working with children we have a family-centered approach. This means we include parents or caregivers and family members in the counselling process when appropriate.The range of issues we could support you with include:
- Grief and bereavement (including bereavement by suicide or homicide)
- Trauma (including witnessing a traumatic event)
- Family break up and adjusting to blended families
- Behavioural issues (anger in children, bullying, ASD)
- Illness and anticipated death
- Mild to moderate mental health issues
- Domestic Violence
- Broken relationships
- Injury or disability
- Disaster aftermath
Skylight offers counselling services in:
- New Plymouth
- Lower Hutt
Online Counselling is also available. You can connect with a Counsellor at a time and place that suits you. All you need is a computer and the internet. Telephone counselling is also offered.
Fee details and more information
Skylight counselling is charged at $120 + GST per session. For queries or appointment bookings, please use our online form to contact the Counselling Coordinator.