Counselling... what is it all about?Presenter - Skylight Counsellor Kyra - Meeting someone new can be a bit scary sometimes. We might not know what to expect, and what the person is expecting of us. This is completely normal. Sometimes, it can be helpful to have some information before you meet someone new, about what they might be like, and what you might do when you meet together.
This presentation will cover...
- What is a counsellor?
- What is the difference between talking to a counsellor compared to a friend, parent or trusted adult?
- What happens in counselling?
- What are some of the reasons someone might go to counselling?
- Feelings... how do I know what my feelings are, and how do I talk about them?
- How can counselling help?
Good Food and Mood
Presenter - Skylight Clinical Nutritionist and Counsellor Debbie - this session will guide students from years 7, 8 and 9, (11 - 13 years old) - through an informative session on the mind and body connection in relation to our food choices, how we process our thoughts and the importance of movement.
Grief 101 for Parents: Presented by Jackie Calder, Skylight Counsellor
Skylight in partnership with the Child Cancer Foundation presents this resource which covers a basic understanding of grief and how to cope when you are grieving. This resource was developed for parents who are supporting their child living with cancer, or who have lost a child to cancer. It may be helpful for anyone who is grieving a significant loss in their life. It also contains some tips on getting through the holidays.
Parenting through Grief
Skylight, in partnership with the Child Cancer Foundation is pleased to present this recorded webinar "Parenting through Grief": Presented by Ariella Moscoso-Lira, Skylight Clinical LeaderThis resource was developed for parents who are supporting their child living with cancer, or who have lost a child to cancer. It may also may be helpful for anyone who is in need of tips to manage grief in their family. This webinar covers:
- Common responses to grief associated with cancer according to the developmental stages of children
- How can we support our children: parenting through their grief
- How can we look after ourselves: parenting through our grief
- What is resilience and how we can strengthen our family's resilience
Practical Strategies for Self-Care and Resilience: Presented by Claire Laurenson, Contractor
This is the third and final instalment of Skylight's webinar partnership with the Child Cancer Foundation. This resource was developed for parents who are supporting their child living with cancer, or who have lost a child to cancer. It may also may be helpful for anyone who is in need of tips to manage self-care during difficult times.